Portage Health Foundation Community Wellness and Outdoor Recreation Endowment Advisory Committee Announces Grant Recipients
$51,080 awarded to five non-profit organizations
Hancock, Michigan – The Keweenaw Community Foundation (KCF) announced that $51,080 has been awarded from the PHF Community Wellness and Outdoor Recreation Fund to five non-profit organizations supporting existing trail development and/or helps in supporting the expansion of new non-motorized trail development in Baraga, Houghton, Keweenaw, and Ontonagon counties. KCF and PHF worked together to increase the amount of money available due to PHF adding an additional $16,343.48 to the amount granted, for a total of $51,080.
The grant recipients are:
- Keweenaw County Historical Society (KCHS) to improve trail access and quality at the KCHS Central Mine historic site as a means of promoting hiking for happiness, health, and history.
- Copper Harbor Trails Society Inc. for a snow-bike trail groomer for Churning Rapids Trail to improve trail conditions, reduce noise and emissions, and provide consistent grooming.
- Copper Harbor Trails Society Inc. to provide a family-friendly alternative option to navigating the intimidating and challenging “On The Edge” Trail by improving access to Brockway Mountain Drive via a user-friendly novice/intermediate trail.
- Keweenaw Nordic Ski Club to improve and expand the river trail for a longer season and better experience, thus promoting more winter physical activity.
- Baraga County to provide a quality park that improves visitor access and use, supports opportunities for active and passive recreation, and conserves and enhances significant environmental resources at Point Abbaye.
KCF welcomes partnerships in the Foundation and urges interested parties to share this information with their constituents and all sub-groups within their organization. Tax deductible contributions may be made to the PHF Community Wellness and Outdoor Recreation Fund (or to any of KCF’s 80+ other funds) online at www.keweenawgives.org. All contributions to a permanent endowment of KCF qualify for a Federal Tax Credit.
For more information on giving or grant opportunities, please visit the KCF website (www.keweenawgives.org) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To be placed on KCF’s request for proposals list, please email your contact information to email@example.com. You will be notified when grants become available.
Contact: Hailey Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Through philanthropic services, strategic investments and community leadership, Keweenaw Community Foundation helps people support the causes they care about, now and for generations to come. For more information on Keweenaw Community Foundation and how to give, visit its website at www.keweenawgives.org.
# # #