Nearly $20,000 in Additional Community Grants Awarded by Herman Gundlach Fund
The Herman Gundlach Fund of the Keweenaw Community Foundation (KCF) has announced it will award $19,276.26 in additional funds to 25 local organizations; the individual grant amounts range from $200 to $5,000.
The grant recipients are:
- Barbara Kettle Gundlach Shelter
- Bay Cliff Health Camp
- Boy Scouts of America-Bay Lakes Council
- Calumet Theatre
- Calumet Art Center
- Copper Country Community Arts Council
- Copper Country Girl Scouts
- Copper Country Habitat for Humanity
- Copper Country Humane Society
- 31 Backpacks
- Copper Country United Way
- Keweenaw Random Acts of Kindness
- Finlandia University Scholarship
- Goodwill Farm “Read to Ride” Program
- Keweenaw Family Resource Center
- Keweenaw Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
- Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly
- Omega House
- Pine Mountain Music Festival
- Salvation Army Kids Food Program
- SKY (Simple Kindness for Youth)
- Peter and Paul Lutheran Church
- U.P. KIDS
- Community Impact Fund of KCF
- KCF Administrative Operating Fund
Earlier in the 2016 granting cycle, the Gundlach fund awarded $69,531.75 to 17 community non-profits through their donor-advised endowment. Donor-advised funds are established at the bequest of a donor wishing to provide flexible capital for charitable activities while retaining the ability to make annual grant recommendations to specific projects or interest areas. Upon the death of Herman Gundlach in 2005, instructions were laid out about how to continue his legacy of giving back to the community he grew up in and worked in. Through the Herman Gundlach Fund, Winks continues to leave his mark on the community he loved.
For more information on giving or grant opportunities, please visit the KCF website (www.keweenawgives.org) or email email@example.com. To be placed on KCF’s request for proposals list, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified when grants become available.
Tax deductible contributions may be made to the Herman Gundlach Fund (or to any of KCF’s 70+ other funds) online at www.keweenawgives.org. All contributions to a permanent endowment of KCF qualify for a Federal Tax Credit.
Through philanthropic services, strategic investments and community leadership, Keweenaw Community Foundation helps people support the causes they care about, now and for generations to come. For more information on Keweenaw Community Foundation and how to give, visit its website at www.k-c-f.org.
Contact: Laura Smyth email@example.com
# # #